Blood Collection Tube is a versatile tool used in clinical settings for blood tests and analyses. It comes in different colors, each serving a specific purpose with varying additives or anticoagulants. Some examples include:
- Red Cap: For serum biochemistry tests.
- Yellow Cap: Quick serum biochemistry tests with separation gel and clot activator.
- Blue Cap: Blood coagulation tests with sodium citrate anticoagulant.
- Grey Cap: Blood glucose tests with EDTA or Sodium Fluoride anticoagulant.
- Green Cap: Blood rheology tests with Lithium or Sodium heparin anticoagulant.
- Aqua Cap: Quick plasma biochemistry tests with separation gel and Lithium heparin.
- White Cap: Nucleic acid detection tests with separation gel and EDTA.
- Purple Cap: Whole blood tests with EDTA-2K or EDTA-3K anticoagulant.
- Black Cap: ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) tests with sodium citrate anticoagulant.
These tubes ensure the integrity of blood samples and facilitate accurate laboratory results.